A few of the poems I will be submitting are from a difficult time in my life, a time when a lot of things were going on and my family life was pretty rough.
"Suffocated"
Every day it seems,
Something new is going on.
Sometimes good, sometimes bad,
Sometimes I am the King, others the pawn.
There are so many changes,
Making me so frustrated.
It seems like there is nothing I can do,
Just sit back and be suffocated.
Suffocated to the point,
Where my heart can't breathe anymore.
So "out of whack" with things,
So many obstacles I can't just ignore.
A new pain comes every day,
Some stay all day long.
Wondering with every new day,
What exactly am I doing wrong?
Sympathy from other people,
Is that what I really need?
Feeling so lost all of the time,
I need something to heal me when I bleed.
Growing weaker with every passing moment,
From what is going on in my mind.
The never ending sorrow of things,
Fearing what I will never be able to find.
Blazing, scorching pain,
Buried deeply within my skin.
Looking so hard, never finding,
Anything good that might lie within.
Hoping someday I will find that key,
Unlocking what it is that is really true.
Maybe it is not even there.
Then what will I do?
No comments:
Post a Comment