This is a poem I wrote for a very special person in my life my Grandmother! She has always been there for me and I love her dearly.
"A Person Like You"
God puts people in our lives,
Some young, some old.
To help us along the way,
To give us hope to hold.
He gave me someone like you,
And all you mean to me.
A person who cares so much for others,
It can be difficult for them to see.
How a person like you,
Could have such an impact.
Offering such encouraging words,
When nothing about life seems intact.
A person like you,
Spreads love from the simplest words you say.
Words of hope and wisdom,
Bringing true joy to the darkest day.
A person like you,
Can see past all I've done wrong.
See all the hurt and pain,
And still make me feel like I'm where I belong.
A person like you,
Gets up thankful for every new day.
Empowered by strength and faith,
When life seems so damp and gray.
I wish there was a better way to thank you,
For always being real and true.
All I can do is thank God every day,
Because I can see Him in a person like you.
No comments:
Post a Comment