"The Road That Never Ends"
Most of the time it seems,
We are walking down a road that never ends.
One that just goes back and forth,
So many twist, turns, and bends.
Curving around never seeming to lead,
To anything important at all.
We just keep wandering,
To the next place where we stumble and fall.
The road that never ends,
Always seems to lead right up to me.
I put my foot on the path,
Thinking I will always know where I am going to be.
But with every step I take,
I seem to stray farther and farther away.
To busy trying to figure out where to go tomorrow,
I forget where I was today.
So I just keep walking,
Finding nothing but sorrow and pain.
When It seems it can't get any worse,
It begins to pour and rain.
I go in directions that mislead,
Even though at times it seems strange.
Even the helpful signs along the way,
Everyday those, as well, seem to change.
Why can't a find a way through,
Even start over where it all begins.
It seems I have no choice,
To continuously wander down this road that never ends.
No comments:
Post a Comment