"Don't Tell Me"
Don't tell me how life is,
I don't really want to know.
Don't tell me how I fell,
Or where you think I need to go.
Don't tell me what is wrong with me,
Like I haven't heard it before.
Don't tell me what you think,
I do not even care anymore.
Don't tell me how to fix my problems,
Even the ones I did not know I had.
Don't tell me how to be happy,
When all I know is broken and sad.
Don't tell me who I am,
I can figure that out on my own,
Don't tell me how I used to be,
As if you have always known.
Don't tell me how to react,
To things that I do not control.
Don't tell me how to understand,
The things burning within my soul.
Don't tell me where to look,
When I see nothing good at all.
Don't tell me where to stand,
If you are not going to catch me when I fall.
Don't tell me how to live,
I can do fine on my own.
Don't tell me who I need to be,
Don't tell me anything, I'd rather be alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment